Posted: 19.07.21 at 08:35 by Lottie Welch
Lockdown restrictions have been lifted in England from today (Monday).
Here’s what has changed:
• All remaining businesses, including nightclubs, will open
• There is no legal limit on social contact with the one meter plus guidance removed
• There is no legal limit on weddings, funerals, events, worship, theatre, concerts and sports events
• Restaurants and pubs will no longer have to just use table service, but some hospitality businesses may continue with table service or a combination of both
• Face coverings will no longer be required by law, although they will continue to be used in healthcare settings and the Government still recommends them. Some shops, businesses and transport operators will still require them
• Guidance against travelling to amber list countries has been removed
• Under 18s and fully vaccinated adults will no longer gave to self-isolate after visiting amber list countries
• Limits on visitors to care homes will be removed but it may still be subject to the care home’s own guidance
• People working from home will be encouraged to return to the workplace
• There is no change to self-isolation rules
A spokesman for Public Health Dorset said: “Many people will eb looking forward to enjoying more freedoms, but with cases rising we know that many will also be feeling anxious about the coming weeks and months.
“Although restrictions are being lifted, the pandemic is not over and the risks from Covid-19 have not disappeared, so it’s important to consider situations carefully and make informed choices about the things we can all do to keep ourselves and others safe.
“Minimising contact, wearing a face covering in crowded spaces and meeting outdoors or in well-ventilated spaces are important for reducing the spread of the virus. If you experience any symptoms of Covid-19, even if they are mild, you must book a PCR test and self-isolate while you wait for the result.
“It’s important to remember that there is no change to self-isolation rules so anyone who is currently self-isolating must continue to complete their full isolation period.”
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter below!
You can submit your own news straight to Dorchester Nub News by using the ‘Nub It’ button on our home page. This can also be done for events on our What’s On page and businesses, groups and organisations on our Local Listings page , also by using the ‘Nub It’ button.
A Line of Duty quiz will be held at the Trumpet Major on Monday, August 23 from 7.45pm. Book a table by calling 01305 262091....